Search This Blog

Friday 9 February 2018

Tips and Tricks

Seeing how I haven't got round to doing any baking today, thought I'd share a few tips! 
I might seem like I'm preaching to the converted, but if there's one person out there that these have helped, then I am happy (it doesn't take much lol ).

When to use margarine/butter straight from the fridge or not?:

Straight from fridge
Pastry  
Scones  
Leave out of fridge for at least an hour:
Cakes
Butter Icing/Frosting
Biscuits/Cookies

-Use COLD water for pastry.

-Do not use milk in quiches ( it can make quiche watery) use single cream instead.

To egg wash pastry scones etc, use beaten egg with a little salt, ( it breaks up the white better), if you don't add milk, you get a better shine/colouring.

When making cakes or frosting in electric mixer, ALWAYS scrape down bowl a couple of times, to get even mix.

If anything else comes to mind I will add it on this page, but for now, I'm going to put my feet up with a glass of wine and watch a movie.
Its 7pm here in UK and 2 ͦc, hope you are warm wherever you are.

Goodnight x

No comments:

Post a Comment